Friday, December 30, 2011

Exhibition before Christmas time


The end of December. And I am sure I will not have time for writing in the weekend. And yes, I know. I didn't write lot of news in this month.Uff!! I am sorry.
Now only little run over last news.  I wrote in my last post about Painting Contest. So ..and the winnner is...??? The Winner is Elza Sīle.

www.apollo.lv

But my favorite work was art work by L.Stake "Place and time" 90x125, oil/canvas


Next stop - Exhibition by Jana Brike "Milk and blood".

"Milk and blood are the words that we use for new, heatlhy girl or child, but each word separately has complex semiotic meaning. All the works of exibition seems to be portraits of children and young people, and the composition and expression style is very classical with  reference to traditional painting. But at the same time no one is true "portrait" as the don't represent definite person or situation. May be they are just potential portraits of some person's emotional experience or feeling . They are not even children what I've painted. These are metaphors. Innocence, growth, potential, vulnerability, intuition."/Jana Brike/

Next stop - Ritums Ivanovs "Amy.Cate.Gaga".I liked the most - Kate Moss, 2010, a/e 153x200





R.Ivanovs, Exposed Kate a/e, 2011, 150x119cm


So and the last - Exhibition by Linda Treija.

Contacts of L.Treija: lindatreija@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment